About Rêver Church
in Longmont, Colorado
Friends, Family, Dreams: Get to Know Rêver
Rêver (pronounced rev-AY) means To Dream.
The dream was first launched in 2010, when a handful of churches in the Longmont area joined forces for a new beginning. Zac & Lisa Wilkinson led the fresh start, and our community initially met in local storefronts, a high school, and the Pacific Event Center. During the “dark year,” when Rêver was meeting in the high school, things were tough and Zac was on the verge of throwing in the towel. Sam & Melodie Scalf joined the teaching team at the perfect time.
This friendship was the catalyst for Rêver’s evolution into the amazing spiritual community we have today. Our current property and building were purchased in 2016, and we can’t imagine gathering anywhere else.
Meet Rêver’s Team
Longmont is our home, and we’re 100% locally owned and operated. To get to know our awesome pastoral leaders, ministry team, teaching staff, and everyone else who brings the dream of Rêver to life
Speaking of gathering, that’s what we do in our Longmont church every Sunday. We pray, sing, connect, and welcome everyone who worships with us. If you’d like to join us for a new type of church experience, head over to the Gatherings page.
You’ll learn all about how we do things, so you know exactly what to expect.
About the Rêver Community
We’re a pretty diverse bunch, especially for a small church. Our members come from all over the world, from all walks of life. They have differing political views, but that’s not the sort of thing we pay much attention to here.
Everyone views the world through their own lens, but we are similar in our faith and spirituality.
Our Core Purpose
- Making Friends: We want to be welcoming and inviting, because people experience God best within relationships.
- Finding Family: We are a part of a local expression of the family of God. Families eat, grieve and celebrate together. We work, pray, and give as a family.
- Releasing Dreams: As we grow from friends into family, we begin to find our identity in Jesus. Each of us are given dreams that are meant to be discovered and released into reality.
Our Community Values
- We eat together—a lot: Community is one of our highest priorities, and we love to practice it through meals, coffees, desserts and potlucks. Everyone brings a dish.
- We laugh along the way: Life can be hard, but friends make the journey fun. We always laugh in spite of hardships and savor every moment.
- Everyone does the dailies: There are no rockstars, and there are no small jobs. From setting up chairs to making coffee, everybody pitches in.
- We’re tech savvy… for the right reasons: We have to be frugal, agile, and lean. That means using technology to be more efficient and connect with our spiritual community no matter the distance. We are adaptable and eager to learn.
- Everyone has a story: We are all real people with real stories. We never assume to know where someone is coming from and we’re quick to listen. We genuinely revel in God’s redemptive work in everyone, no matter their past or present. We are inclusive.
Help Build the Dream
Your generous financial support allows us to continue to live out our purpose of making friends, finding family, and releasing dreams while honoring God. If you are able to donate, know that all contributions go directly to the ministry and all donations are tax deductible. Thank you for being a part of the dream here at Rêver!